View Single Post
Old 04-21-2002, 10:40 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Eeegghhh.. errr... mmmmm.... not really.

Those kinds of errors are not typically ones that end users can do something about. In my experience, they're usually corrected by later versions of the software.

Am I reading this right, that it used to work, but now doesn't?

If that's the case, then I'll ask what's been installed or done between the last time it worked and the first time it didn't. That's where I'd start looking for critters to be the source of the problem.

If it never worked, then the first thing I'd try is shutting down all the extraneous programs (a full list of what to leave is either in the techie thread or the best tips thread, IIRC). Then see if it works in that stripped-down mode.

The next thing I'd try is applying the patch, to see if that corrects the problem. You give up a little, but IMHO, what you give up doesn't add much to the gameplay. YMMV. DSMIHNMA.

The third thing I'd try is the downgrade to DirectX7. Since you probably installed DirectX 8.1 for a reason, you probably will still need it, sadly...

You might also check for an upgrade to DirectX. Maybe the issue is fixed in a later version.

If that doesn't work, let us know and we'll scratch more heads.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote