View Single Post
Old 01-07-2002, 09:42 AM   #1
Detah
Dungeon Master

I just purchased the game last week and I'm so hooked. I created my first party and made many many suboptimal choices. I uncovered/explored the map over a huge terrain. So I decided to start over with a new party, having learned the basics about the game. I deleted all the old characters, created new ones and clicked the 'reset quests' button in the Inn.

Is the overland game map supposed to recover itself? Because it didn't for me. The same areas are uncovered. With party #1 I meet the snakeman wanderer on the path to the Cemetary as I have heard I am supposed to. However since starting with party #2 I have searched high and low for this guy and hes not to be found. Something seems wrong.

I have read many messages about restarting all the quests, etc. But none seem to address a complete start over. I want everything to start from scratch. Let me be clear...I don't just want the quests to reset, I want the overland game world to be completely unexplored again and all characters to be deleted.

Does this require a full reinstall of the game?
It seems that in DWB's quest to allow seamless acquiring of new characters from the Inn, he also made it difficult to truely 'reset' the game.

BTW, I love this forum. Great helpfiles.

Detah
Detah is offline   Reply With Quote