View Single Post
Old 09-06-2001, 09:37 PM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Whoa, Ziggy! That was a *bit* harsh, now, wasn't it? (Not that I don't agree, but let's be nice, ok? )

MagiK, yes, I know...my point is, why in the heck would I get a guilty conscience? Since it's a solo game, it's up to me to define what I'm willing to put up with and not. Based on that, many would argue that killing Oakenmir or Erathsmedor would be "cheating"...or killing the scorpions in the pit in the Anephas shrine.

But it's not up to anyone to tell me or anyone else what is cheating and what isn't. Technically, what our Wyvern does is "cheating" by hacking a glowstone here and a assassin's dagger there for someone who's flubbed up their game. What I call it is her nobly saving someone's gaming experience. It's a bit different from beefing up the stats of your characters to insane levels using a third-party "trainer". However, again, in a solo game, if that's the way you want to play, who is it hurting? What is all this stuff about a "guilty conscience"? (And yes, I know you weren't the one who said that, MagiK.)

If I were playing in a multi game and cheated that way, then, yes, I would consider that a "wrong". Multiplayer games are on a completely different set of rules from solo games. Even more so are the online games such as Everquest and Ultima Online, where you have these people creating god-like characters through "trainers" and then pkilling any newbies who come in to loot their character's bodies. Now THAT might precipitate a "guilty conscience."

It IS a game after all, guys. And, BTW, I don't use the "buy and sell back" routine. I DO always get a ranger, though, and use him as an arrow factory. Once you get the Dragon Arrows being replicated, money is no longer a problem.

OK, nuff said on the subject.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote