View Single Post
Old 07-18-2001, 04:39 PM   #17
Thry Cracix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I agree, most games have areas where you can kill unlimited monsters for exp or get unlimited gold, but most these days also let you play after the game ending is over. Obviously, once you defeated Cet, most adventurers would go back to the inn for a while, maybe with a stop at the tavern for some R&R (if you know what I mean) or maybe go hang out with the nekkid gypsies. My point is that if I can take a one character party through the first time without killing npcs and practically walk through Cet's tomb, the game is slightly unbalanced to begin with. If anyone remembers how hard it was in M&M 6 to clear the Varn Pyramid and then the final battle with the devils, I hope you understand what I mean. Maybe with the experience divided evenly among 6 characters it would have been more difficult, I'm not sure. But I have yet to hear of someone who actually had difficulty in Cet's tomb, other than semantically (i.e. where's the fourth tome). Hopefully the people who design and test these games test them thoroughly. The more I play W&W the more it seems like it was an eleventh hour product.
Thry Cracix is offline   Reply With Quote