View Single Post
Old 03-12-2001, 02:12 PM   #1
todwest
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Called Activision today. Thet were clueless for the most part. There was one suggestion that made sense though. I have a Diamond Monster MX300 sound card. It turns out that there are NO DIRECTX 7 COMPATIBLE DRIVERS FOR THIS CARD (thanks S3). This could be the problem. What I would like to ask is: Anyone out there who is having the desktop crash problem, are your audio drivers DirectX 7 compatable? They way you find this out is; go to Program Files\DirectX\setup\.
Double click on DxDiag. Go to the tab that says sound. All the way over in the upper right-hand corner, a sound driver is listed. If it says 4.07.xxxx or higher it IS DirectX 7 compatable. If it says 4.06.xxxx or lower it is DirectX 6 compatable not DirectX 7. Is there anyone out there, who is having this problem, who has DirectX 7 compatable drivers? If so, then this solution is a Red Herring and should be ignored. Any feedback from the forlorn folks that Activision is TOTALLY IGNORING would be welcomed.

p.s. They told me that they know of the problem and that they are currently "compiling information". Maybe if they compile information for long enough, the game will drop off the map and they won't have to support it at all. I wonder how many months it will take. Good thing they don't make pace-makers.
todwest is offline   Reply With Quote