View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 03:12 PM   #7
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Hmmm... well, your party is pretty balanced, but I can suggest some improvements.

Firstly, are you a powergamer or a roleplayer? In case you don't know, a roleplayer picks realistic classes and races, and never resorts to "min-maxing" (INT and CHA being 3 for tanks). A powergamer picks unrealistic classes in the sole interest of power, min-maxing all the way and picking the best classes/races possible. I'm a powergamer, and therefore will offer powergamer advice, so this may not fit your playing style.

Character 1:
Well, a pure fighter is down there with the pure ranger as the worst pureclass tanks available. Instead, a fighter4/paladin or barbarian works well, since four levels of fighter gets you more or less all the benefits of the fighter class. Paladins and barbarians are on par with fighters in fighting capability, but have awesome abilities. Monks are also good for a high armor class.

Character 2:
Others may disagree, but I find clerics to be vastly superior to druids. Also, add on four levels of fighter or two levels of paladin for added melee capability.

Character 3:
In my opinion, theiving levels are a waste. Take either one or two theiving levels in a mage build to cover for the entire game. A high level theif can be powerful, but I can never get them to carry their own weight. Also, the addition of bard levels will drastically reduce your ability as a combat theif.

Character 4:
Sorcerers rock. Period. The only suggestions I have here would be to take aasimar or Drow for added CHA. If aasimar, add on two levels of paladin.

Character 5:
Wizards rock. Period. They are only outshone combat-wise by sorcerers, but they have more versatility. Consider using a Drow for added INT. Also, adding on one or two levels of rogue can give you all the theivery that you need for the game.

Character 6:
Well... rangers tend to be useless in my experience past the first level, which grants you dual wielding benefits. I'd switch this guy out for another spellcaster, such as a priest or mage.

Well, as is your party could still beat the game, just with some added difficulty. It's too late to switch out your characters for new ones now, but maybe next time you play you can try some of my ideas.

With the party above, send your fighter in first to draw fire, then flank attack with the ranger. If he has the lingering song feat, your theif/bard can also participate in the flank attack. Keep your wizard and sorcerer in the back, raining hell on the enemies, whilst your druid uses support spells and healing. When push comes to shove, the druid can also leap into the fray, but try to keep him protected. Since he uses polearms, he can hit past the wall that your other melee guys will make.
Good luck!
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote