Thread: Melee Masters
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 10:25 AM   #5
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

I agree that a rogue can beat a paladin in a 1v1 fight, but I think a paladin is more effective agains the enemy than a rogue is. A single class rogue (Which I have very little experience with [img]smile.gif[/img] ) can make a nice impact at the beginning of a fight, possibly taking out a key enemy or crippling a mage, but the paladin is the one who hold the line and deals the heavy damage to the enemy tanks.

I guess it depends on your style of play. My style is a paladin and a cleric holding the line against enemy melee units, while my bombers rain holy hell on the enemy with massive AOE spells. BoB, you prefer (from what you've said about that melee party back in the day), to have a first strike of a rogue and a monk, followed up with your warriors. Either strategy works well, IMO.

I'd also like to say that I actually think the plain fighter is the WORST single class option. They get +2 to damage, but extra feats isn't too much help, and they lack spells and special abilities. After my first n00bish game, I have never used a fighter for more than 4 levels in a character.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote