View Single Post
Old 08-06-2003, 03:43 PM   #15
Borg
The Magister

This may be against the norm, but my suggestion is to consider not adding a sorc. The Bard's spells are treated the same way as a sorcerer in that they are allocated a certain number of spells that they can "memorize" per level and then can cast any one of those up to a certain number per day. So, you have that effect already.

Plus, you are low on intelligent characters and therefore are going to be hurting when it comes abilities (or whatever things like Hide in Shadows are called). Sorcerers aren't usually set up to have high intelligence, so they won't help with the abilities.

Other thoughts:

-- It's very nice to have a character that can hide in shadows and move silently in order to scout ahead. Your monk is going to be weak at that because of it's int. Consider beefing that up and sacrifice str and con. Or, change the monk to a rogue. The monk is an interesting character, but I find her to be the least powerful of my team so far (currently around lvl 11). I know she will be one of the more powerful later, but that will be in HOF. If you are planning on going to HOF, I'd go ahead and keep the monk. If not, I'd change.

-- I love the Bard. Although I gave the Bard one level of Rogue so that I can max out some abilities (I don't have a rogue in the party, so a rogue's capabilities are spread between my Bard and Wizard), that is probably the one class I can't really imagine multi-classing.

-- Perhaps make the wizard a wizard/cleric (mostly cleric) and add the sorc. in place of the cleric. The Bard can cast healing spells too.

#&#&%!%, that turned into a book...

ADD] I just saw that the original post was from 3 months ago. Who dug this up? Well SnowKing has probably already moved on with the party and my post isn't helpful to them. Hopefully it will help others.

[ 08-06-2003, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Borg ]
Borg is offline   Reply With Quote