View Single Post
Old 05-13-2003, 01:07 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Actually it is a mix of both. Some items are predetermined "drops" while others are determined from a random table of items. If IWD2 works the same way as IWD did with respect to the random items, then those items are determined the FIRST time that you enter a specific area and not when you encounter a specific individual or container.

As far as specific weapon types - i haven't really come across ANY weapon type that is lacking in terms of quality or quantity. I've found great longswords, shortswords, two-handed swords, bastard swords, axes, maces, morningstars, hammers, flails, longbows, crossbows, slings, darts and even spears and halberds. [img]smile.gif[/img] I've found +3 to +5 versions of virtually every weapon type, and all of my characters have at least one +5 weapon. Some of the +3 weapons are actually better as they often have bonus damage. My favorite is a particular hammer that does extra acid damage and a halberd that does an INCREDIBLE amount of extra fire damge! Your front line fighters should have enough feats to spread around so that they can become specialized with more than one weapon type - try to give them both a blunt and piercing/slashing weapon.

[ 05-13-2003, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote