View Single Post
Old 01-11-2003, 01:46 AM   #65
Imrahil
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Malavon's Rage:
what was the main character's (Bhaalspawn) class and stuff?
didn't mean to let this question linger for so long, but I'd forgotten about it, til I saw it again... [img]smile.gif[/img]

um...
.are
.!!!SPOILERS!!!
.necessary
.for
.non
.game
.questions?
.like...
.if
.it's
.in
.a
.book
.related
.to
.the
.game?

I guess not, if anyone read this far [img]smile.gif[/img] , so I'll go right ahead & SPOIL the book. The main character is a Human Fighter (ok, I'm bored already). He & Imoen & Jaheira do all the essential quests required in the game, without the interesting interaction, EXCEPT...

...he hooks up with Bodhi & Imoen hooks up with Phaere (why didn't they implement the bi-Imoen in the game?!? [img]smile.gif[/img] ). Other than those minor plot deviations, it follows the whole Amn-Underdark-BackToAmn-EndGame (with a little JaheiraRomanceActive, but still dull) plot to the letter, without any sidequests, with little character development (other than, "oh, oh, wait... I'm becoming the Slayer!!! - oh, wow, I can become the Slayer!!! arg... *struggles with the implications*").

It's dull, tedious, & I'd guess that few here (given that most people here like to try the game with interesting characters - c.f. Sorcerer threads, Blade threads, Cleric threads, *lack of plain Fighter threads*) would actually identify with the main goon, I mean character.

Again, it's a bit of my life I wish I had back, to do other things, even just play the game myself.

- Imrahil (the book reviewer?)

EDIT: just to put "Imoen hooks up with Phaere.." rather than "she...", so it's clear it's not Jaheira...

[ 01-11-2003, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Imrahil ]
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote