View Single Post
Old 10-16-2002, 01:39 PM   #11
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Well you want to avoid Exp penalties, so that limits the choices somewhat for the multiclass characters.

The Ranger/Rogue could be Human, Strongheart or Lightfoot Halfling, or 1/2 Elf - or if you level evenly it could be any race (just have to keep the 2 classes always within 1 level of each other to avoid an exp penalty with other races). But it sounded like you wanted more Ranger levels than Rogue. I would sort of lean towards the Human for the extra skill points they get since this guy will need them to do the talking + thieving.

For the Monk/Cleric, the only races that won't get an Exp penalty are human, 1/2 elf, or a Drow Elf female. The Drow might be a good choice because stat-wise this is a demanding character (needs good Wis and Dex, also a decent Str/Con) and the Drow get the most stat bonus points.

For the Sorcerer I think Aasimar is a great choice as they can start with a 20 in Cha; only the Drow can also do that. But almost any race (other than dwarf or 1/2 orc) would work.

I don't think you should shy away from ECL races like the Drow because you've only got 4 characters so they'll all get alot of exp points.