View Single Post
Old 09-07-2002, 12:07 PM   #4
DraconisRex

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
A little hard on the guy werent you Draconis?
If that was hard or offensive, I do appologize, Sir Hentrich. It was not my intent to be "hard" or "insulting." Rather, to advise you to some problems you were making for yourself by applying old "tried & true" techniques to a deceptively similiar sitution. As I am blunt and straight forward (especially before I've had my coffee), these errors in communication style creap up.

Also, the post wasn't entirely directed to you. Being the professorial type (i.e. pendantic) I was trying and to educate other readers to the changes in the rules, and the errors of not adapting to them, as well.

Frankly, the gaming solutions used for the prior releases of the infinity, or the current release of the aurora, engines do not work as they did in the past. What we all knew to be "the solution" is, at times, as obsolete as a Cavalry Charge into a Machinge Gun Emplacement.

Crossbow using mages. Spell effects normalized. More "specialty mage" restrictions. Bonuses stack differently, or not at all, in some cases. New rules for flanking and rear attacks negated old fighting techniques. Cover and concealment now play a big part of combat. Other gross and subtle changes in combat mechanics have occured. Skills and feats, and the way you choose to select and/or apply them make each charcter far more different than similar, even within the same base class.

This is no longer the "select class and level up the "to hit" tables" RPG. Applying the old rules gets you dead.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote