View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 02:17 AM   #37
Aerich
Lord Ao

The dreaded double post rears its ugly head; I wanted to address the T/C debate in a different post from my latest update.

I took down Yxunomei in one try...

The key was Confusion. I Confused two of the yuan-ti mages and all of Y's support archers and priests after casting Recitation. The summons and heavy use of Entangle/Web kept Y away from my party, for the most part. I hammered her with Chromatic Orbs, none of which worked, although she did get caught for one round in a Web, giving me about 50 HP worth of free hits for the F/T sniper and the single tank that engaged her along with the summons. I also got her with Slow, which helped. The druid alternated between Spike Growth into the spelltrap area and Static Charge to help take down the confused mages, then mopped up with Sunscorch and Alicorn Lance.

Piece of cake. I didn't even use all of my summons or damage spells.

Edit: to be of more help from a tactical perspective...

The easiest way to do this fight, IMO, is to set your formation then trigger the dialogue. Instead of charging, one character with a free action ring triggers the dialogue and runs back near the party (but not too near, see below). Place summons between that character and the doorway, and hit the doorway with all the AoE spells you can, while taking measures to neutralize the mages (Acid Arrow, Vitriolic Sphere, Entangle, Spike Growth, Confusion).

Y casts Cloudkill, Animate Dead, and Dispel. Of the three, dispel is by far the most deadly. I believe it is centred on the party member who triggers the dialogue. In order to prevent it from hitting and dispelling your entire party, keep the dialogue triggerer well out in front with summons just in front of it. The rest of the party should be fairly clustered, so they can support each other in melee against the yuan-ti mages if necessary.

[ 11-30-2005, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: Aerich ]