View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 10:57 PM   #15
Aerich
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by krunchyfrogg:
I have bucklers in my game. As a matter of fact, my thief>illusionist and bard are both using them now.

Gamebanshee has a pretty good item list, and there are no magical bucklers on it.
How do you have bucklers? A mod?

Quote:
Originally posted by ister:
Messenger of Sseth is an excellent weapon. It's only drawback is the low enchantment, but the extra apr really makes a huge difference. I'd call it the best missile weapon bar none.
I have to disagree. It is definitely one of the most useful, and extremely powerful for the point in the game where it appears, and probably the best "fixed" (e.g. non-random) bow. However, I'd vote for the Hammer longbow (base of 4 APR) and the Repeating Heavy Crossbow (base 3 APR) before the Messenger of Sseth. The other great ability it has is the low init modifier (weapon speed), which makes it better for magic disruption than conventional bows and the +2 throwing axe.

See my earlier point to krunchyfrogg about the party's weakness being lack of gonzo missile weapons. Only warriors can use the longbows and crossbows (and axe) that are the foundation of a well-balanced and devastating long range party.