View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 02:06 PM   #3
NobleNick
Quintesson

krunchyfrogg,

Your Mage gets SLVL 9 spells at CLVL 18. (HoW must be installed.)
Your Cleric gets SLVL 7 spells at CLVL 14 (HoW NOT required.)

My favorite XP chart only goes up to CLVL 16 = 2250K for the Mage; but it looks like the last few levels are 275K each. Assuming that trend continues, your Mage would hit CLVL 18 at 2800K. So, a multiclassed character (e.g. C/M or F/M) would hit Mage(18) at 5600K. A triple class character would hit Mage(18) at 8400K.

For the Cleric, you hit CLVL 14 at 1350K; so a multi-classed character (e.g., C/M or F/C) would hit Cleric(14) at 2700K.

So, will you have enough XP? I'll research this; but I am estimating from my own travels (all on Normal dificulty) that basic IWD generates about 6,000K XP TOTAL (about 1,000K per character for a party of 6), including quests, but not including camping. I estimate that HoW adds another 4,000K. Finally, I'd estimate TotLM adds another 3,000K. That is ABOUT 13,000,000 XP TOTAL. So, a 6 person party doing IWD/HoW/TotLM should show up at the final IWD battle sporting about 2,200K per character.

These numbers are rough; but it is easy to see that, though your MC Cleric stands a chance of gaining SLVL 7 by the end of the game, the Mage isn't even close to getting SLVL 9.

(EDIT: I did look this up, and found an estimate of CLVL 13/14 for IWD and 15/16 for IWD/HoW/TotLM. The IWD numbers seem O.K., but the second estimate surprises me: I have a DC F(9)/D(17) and a Bard(21) (IIRC), near the end of TotLM; and I expect the party to gather AT LEAST another 1,000K before the final IWD battle.)

Remember, the above numbers do not include camping. Camping for a while in DE3 of IWD may add, say, 50,000 XP to your team's total. That's usually quite beneficial at the time, but adds less than one-half of 1% to the final XP total. However, there are places in the expansions where XP can be racked up much more quickly. There is a place I am thinking of in TotLM where you can get 600K to 1,000K per hour (forget the exact math). So, in a few hours, you can pump your party's XP by over 10%. Still, that is roughly 24 hours of camping to show up at the final battle and use your LVL9 spell once. If you really want Mage(18) in an MC character, it looks like it's Heart of Fury mode for you...

Hope this helps.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 10-09-2005, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote