View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 05:28 PM   #13
NobleNick
Quintesson

Morgeraut,

Like I said: I am not as strong on this subject as I wish I were. However, I adjusted for the fact that the THAC0 modifiers are -1, 0, 1 (instead of 0, 1, 2) for 0, 1 and 2 PP, respectively, by making the starting number 21 instead of 20.

I *THINK* the formulas I generated match the data in the chart; but, in any case, the numbers in the chart are correct. They are stats for actual characters created by me and verified in-game.

ister,

Yes, I see your point on weapon skill diversity. My problem is that I like having 2 DC Clerics in the party. The Clerics have to use crushing weapons; so why split the PP between two crushing weapons when you can be awesome with one? I typically have at least 4 DC warriors in a party, and at least 2 of them are restricted to crushing weapons. So I want the other 2 warriors to be VERY good with edged weapons (slashing damage) and bows (piercing damage). I have taken the road of TEAM weapon skill diversity: At least 2 warriors are excellent in each damage type. It usually works very well, since encounters with crushing-immune monsters are few, and encounters with slashing-immune monsters seem to be even rarer. A party with 4 DC warriors, 3 of whom are 5/3 PP in edged_weapon/Bow or crushing_weapon/Sling, and with the Bard singing War Chant, typically breezes through encounters that were designed to be extremely challenging to the 2-3 vanilla warrior party.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote