View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 11:44 PM   #6
Aerich
Lord Ao

I created an expansion-only HoW game with imported characters, and it worked perfectly. I assume it should work the same for an expansion-only TotL game, if that's what you're wanting to do.

I think what jmsteven was referring to was that (if I'm correct in assuming that your characters are automatically exported after finishing HoW) there will be two files for each of your characters. One set will contain the characters as they were when you exported them from IWD, the other set will contain the characters as they were when they were exported after HoW. Perhaps you mistakenly imported the wrong set.

Try again - create a new game, take the import option on the character creation screen, then scroll down on the list of characters, and I'm betting/hoping you'll find the ones you're looking for. If you're not sure which ones are yours, just try importing and see if you recognize them (and their levels). You can delete imported characters anytime, so try all the characters that it is possible to import to see if the ones you want are there.

If there's been some mixup (say the characters weren't exported), I'd go back to your last saved game from HoW and export each character separately (in the Record screen there is an option to export character - it's easy, just enter a filename [e.g. HOW_PALADIN] and it'll save it to the directory containing characters available for import). That should enable you to import them wherever you please.

Hope this helps - let us know if it works out for you.