View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 05:11 PM   #30
Aerich
Lord Ao

Ok, just returned to IWD last night, putting aside Disciples II for the first time since I got it. I cleaned out DE lvl 5 right up to Yuxonomei's door, then returned to Kuldahar. I want to buy items from Orrick before his inventory changes, and I'd also like to see if there's any more spells and potions I can buy to help me with Y and company.

I took the High Torturer with ease. Initiate dialogue, fireball, Web, Spike Growth; one tank out front to block, and missiles and low level druid spells (Alicorn Lance and Sunscorch) to finish.

Had a bit of trouble with the priests in the round room. They all saved against Entangle, thus getting themselves out of my multiple Spike Growths. One got off a Hold Person before my Silence hit, and unfortunately stopped my two best casters in mid-chant (6th lvl elemental summoning, and fireball; blah). Managed alright with Prayer, undead summons to shield, and a Dominated priest. Had to run a bit with my F/C tank, as he took the majority of hits and a Static Charge. Healed him up and moved on.

Picture perfect fight against the corridor ambush outside Y's room, except that I kept walking over traps (see more in the Grr...traps thread). Summons led the way through the door and gave me enough time to cast Spike Growth, Entangle, Confusion, Insect Plague, and Recitation. I backed off the party and let the yuan-ti weaken each other. Once those spells were done, I drew the injured remainder into a Cloud of Pestilence and concentrated missile fire. Took almost no damage from the enemy, other than a couple arrow hits on the tank; took more damage from traps.

Moved into the upper room to destroy the paltry resistance and pick up a shield for my tank. -9 AC without spell buffs, so he should be able to stand up to Y once he's got a bit of help. Now back in Kuldahar, hoping to buy some extra magical aid.

[ 08-18-2004, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Aerich ]