View Single Post
Old 03-07-2002, 11:42 PM   #16
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

quote:

New interface: We are still working on it guys and gals. As soon as it is ready to be unveiled, believe us, you will know.

Ballpark, a week or two.....This is of course subject to change.

Progress report: As to what parts of the game are finished, the items are pretty much finished besides a few balancing tweaks. We are still working on the other parts of the game, but I can say we have implemented some cool stuff that we haven't yet talked about which we will soon. Sorry for being vague, but that is all the information I can give at this time.

Bucklers: There are three unique bucklers in IWD2 at three different power levels.

Barbarian class or kit: The monk and sorcerer are considered classes, but the barbarian is tricky; it's "half a class". For some weird reason, it's sometimes considered a kit in code, sometimes considered a class. It doesn't have it's own class ID, so at a basic level, it's a kit.

3E Multiclassing: Well, Darren was looking into 3E multiclassing options, but I don't know if that was a fruitful endeavor. I'll try to find out what's going on later today.

Playable Drow being evil only: No, you will not be forced to have your Drow be an evil alignment.

OpenGL improvements: I know that Bernie Weir (our Lead Programmer) has fixed several OpenGL bugs, I don't know if he's fixed "all" the problems. I did see quite a few OpenGL bug fixes early in IWD2's dev cycle. Just so you know, I test the game with OpenGL on all the time and haven't had any issues with it.

================================================== ===================

"In Icewind Dale II, you will be encountering Driders, dark elves that have the body of a spider, and Hook Horrors, which are native predators of the Underdark and Worg-riding (giant wolves) goblins. The goblin can actually separate from the Worg and go flying if you get a good hit on him. It's really cool to see."
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote