View Single Post
Old 10-24-2001, 05:51 PM   #1
Darkman

I'm supposed to be getting IWD in a couple days. In the meantime I've been doing a little bit of homework trying to figure out my party make-up. Here's what I go so far:

Half-Elf Fighter, Neutral Good
Dwarf Fighter/Cleric, Lawful Good
Human Fighter dualed to Cleric, True Neutral
Halfling Fighter/Thief, Chaotic Good
Human Necromancer, Chaotic Evil
Human Bard, Lawful Neutral

I know having 6 characters is probably over-kill, but this is my first time playing the game and I want to be sure I have all the bases covered. If I had to ditch one of them I'd get rid of the second Cleric since I already have two solid front liners, one of which is half Cleric.

So here are some questions.

I) How many quick weapon slots do regular Clerics get? In BG they only had one quick slot which was a total pain. In order to switch from sling to mace you'd have to open up the inventory. This is my primary reason for starting my second Cleric off as a Fighter, so he can gain an extra quick weapon slot.

II) What importance does alignment have in this game? In BG1 you gained different natural abilities depending on if you were evil or good, and there was one item, a mage robe, that could only be worn by mages who matched that alignment. I read on this board that it is a good idea to have a variety of alignments in your IWD party. Is this true? Are the items that go with specific alignments also geared towards specific classes? Without giving away any spoilers, are there any problems with the alignment of my current proposed party?

III) How powerful are Cleric spells in this game? Is there any reason to take a straight Cleric class to access higher level Cleric spells? If not, then I think I might be inclined to make my second Cleric an Elf Fighter/Cleric.

IV) What weapons can Fighter/Thieves use to backstab?

V) What proficency should my pure Fighter concentrate on the most? Bastard sword? Two-handed sword? Long sword?

That's about the questions I can think of at the moment. Please tell me what you think of my party.
Darkman is offline   Reply With Quote