Thread: Cernd
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2001, 12:13 PM   #1
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Ummmm...

Has anyone else noticed how much Cernd rocks in ToB? I took him through most of SoA and he was good. Druids don't have all that many spells and are restricted by the level cap but he still managed to find a way to rip things to shreds quite effectively.

But then I started ToB and he levelled up. I advise anyone who hasn't taken a druid to that kind of level to look in the book and see their spell progression from 14th - 15th level. He gained 5 level 7 spells with one level up! This came as a bit of a shock as I hadn't looked in the book before then.

Next I tried turning him into a Greater Wolfwere seeing as he could now do this twice a day. I did and low and behold he had AC -15. I don't quite know what has happened there but for some reason Cernd above level 15 has a ridiculous AC and tears things into small pieces on a regular basis. This is coupled with the fact that he is now almost immune to the vast majority of attacks.

And to think I thought he was good in BG2...
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote