Thread: Kensai/Druid
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 01:38 PM   #4
The Hairy Caveman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Staff? Staff? We don't need no stinking staff!! I was thinking of using the Impaler....the upgraded version. It's gotta be the worlds most overpowered ranged weapon and thats before the kensai's +4/+4 bonus! Besides this would make up for the lack of armor and free up about half of the spells slots I would use for things like barkskin and ironskin for things like healing and summons/insect plagues. I was planning on using dual scimitars (druid weapon selection stinks) but after looking at the weapons in the game I realized that there really weren't any particularly powerful ones that druids could use. However, I will take staff also, if for no other reason than to be good with the stick I plan to break over imp. Faldorn's head... What I'm most worried about is the stat roll. I made a druid in BG1 that was dualled from a fighter, lvl 7/8 with Icingdeath, and he owned but he needed 17+ charisma as well as 17 wisdom to dual. Thats a lot of stat points when you consider that the only thing my character won't need is int but I dont want to drop that to base because it ruins saves and lore. I was planning to play through BG1 agian with this char and I rolled...

STR 18/23
DEX 17
CON 18
INT 8
WIS 14
CHA 16
Beggining (89 stat points, high but I've had more)

STR 19
DEX 18
CON 19
INT 9
WIS 17
CHA 17
End BG1 (All tomes give +1 except wis which gets +3)

STR 19
DEX 17 OR 18
CON 19 OR 21
INT 8
WIS 18
CHA 18
End SoA (Second column is evil path, I'm dropping int for dream sequence)

STR 20
DEX 18 OR 19
CON 20 OR 22
INT 9
WIS 19
CHA 19
Finale (All machine bonuses, regeneration...drool)
The character (yes I powergame) looks pretty tough but I had some more questions...
1.) Will choosing an evil path at the end for stat bonuses cause a fall similar to a ranger? I know that druids a supposed to be nuetral but it would make me NE...
2.) Will a druid get a 'Holy Symbol' like a ToB cleric? Not really important but I love every stat point/spell slot I can get...
3.) I'll be using this character in my first run-through of assension and maybe other mods as well. Are there any more chances to upgrade/change my characters' stats that ya'll know of in this/other mods?

[ 04-14-2005, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: The Hairy Caveman ]
\"The teaching is \'Ai Uchi\', meaning to cut your opponent just as he cuts you. This is the ultimate timing...it is lack of anger. It means to treat your enemy as an honoured guest. It also means to abandon your life or throw away fear.\" - Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings
The Hairy Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote