View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 04:03 PM   #11
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by rily83:
3)Supposedly with the latest ToB patch Jesters actually can do more than confuse, now theres stun and slow at level 20, which sounds kinda cool. Has anyone tried it?
That's the Rogue Rebalancing mod that does that, not ToB. ToB simply adds the HLA of Enhanced Bard Song, which allows all Bards (including the Jester) to change their Song into that of a high-level Skald.

Quote:
2)Well the kid description for monk doesnt say anything about a +4 fist at level 25. Perhaps theres a mod which changes this?
I've never played a Monk, but the table I put together (from many reputable sources) states a +4 enchantment at Level 25. That's a ToB addition, you see, and the Kit Descriptions commonly only include details relevant to SoA levels.

Quote:
1)Ok Prince Villy is now lying in pieces in Sahaugin city. So I have 1 part of the wave and trying to figure out who to kill to get the next one. Help?
I already told you this.

Quote:
6)Not trying to be a wimp or anything but Tactics sounds really hard from the description given. I took Ascension instead, because it seemed a little easier at that time.
Tactics increases the difficulty (often to ludicrous levels), yes. That's what it's for. The added challenge makes things more interesting and, hopefully, fun. It is NOT for anyone who is relatively new to the game.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim:
Yes, the Swashbuckler will eventually become a superior fighter - there's no disputing that, but I'm not sure that the Swashbuckler is more valuable in the game. What does the Swashbuckler have over the Blade versatility wise?
Well, versatility-wise, the Swashbuckler has the advantage of being able to get the party through Watcher's Keep and the Marching Mountains in one piece, and sneak around at a moment's notice, instead of just being a poor substitute for a Warrior. The Blade, on the other hand, can, umm....mumble a tune that does essentially nothing, and cast a few low-level spells.

This is not even counting UAI. Once UAI is called into play, then the Swashbuckler is pretty much immune to any physical attacks that don't come from people like Abazigal, and makes the Swashbuckler able to match the Blade spell for spell. There's also the fact that the Swashbuckler's THAC0 also applies to missile weapons, making him a better archer than a Blade (or Sharpshooter kit from G3) could ever be.

Quote:
As for Nalia, she has the spell buffing yes, but dual wielding? Amazingly bad THAC0 combined with penalties from only being able to use 1* in Two Weapon Style? Even with significant spell buffing she isn't going to be hitting much anytime soon.
Ahem. Mirror Image + PfMW + Improved Haste.
Staff of the Magi.
Time Stop.
Whack.
Belm + Kundane.
Another Time Stop.
Dead Pontifex.
Total party hitpoint loss: 0
You were saying?

A Blade could do this, true, but only by using Vhailor's Helm.