View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #8
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: Oh snap, Pruden calling it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
What's even funnier is that that "unjust war" has been going on for the entirety of his term. As I type this, our men and women are still over there. So what's your point? If, as I believe you've stated before, I could be wrong, Bush deserves to go to jail for starting the war, then why isn't Obama in jail for continuing it? He is, after all, an accessory after the fact.

It's an inconvenient truth that his numbers are falling. His approval rating is down, and frankly, I don't think they're polling white people to get hispanic/black numbers. People that were originally happy with him are now unhappy. Unless he spontaneously changed races, I'm pretty sure it's more due to performance, or lack there-of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfBane View Post
I have NEVER said any PotUS should be in jail, do NOT confuse me with SpiritWarrior. While I agree with many things SW says, I realize the futility of the commoners trying to incite such a thing. After all, the House would rather impeach over a blow job, than impeach over mass murder being committed at their Military-Industrial Complex masters bidding.

And I thought my point was pretty clear,,, but here it is again... The TP played the race card long ago. Remember that part of my post?
Let me pull the whole post into this, instead of the cherrypicked line you responded to. Let me point you to the part I highlighted, usually when people say they could be wrong, that's generally what they mean. Confusing things people say is exactly how I got on disability in the first place. However, that doesn't change the base part of the question: are you applauding Obama for his actions fighting an "unjust war", or are you calling for his impeachment? If the former, why? It's an "unjust war", and as Felix pointed out, PotUS was supposed to be bringing the troops home, but instead, he's getting more ready to go. Where I come from, accessory to is the same thing as actually pulling the trigger, so Obama is just as "guilty" as Bush was supposed to be.

Again, as I said before, it's a case of "your side of the aisle did it, it's a crime, my side did it", where "it" is the exact same thing, "it was needed to stop (insert problem here)". If people are applauding Obama for continuing what they see as Bush's crime, then the only word that fits is hypocrit.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote