Thread: Economy
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #110
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: Economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Politicians are one group I am constantly tempted to generalize with a big-old Johnny Cash style middle finger. However without compromise nothing will get get done and good ideas die along with the lessor.
And here's to all the politicians.

Quote:
So the politicians who do not engage in this art of problem solving along with their supporters deserve it more than the norm. While both sides of course havine this failing, "No compromise" has nearly become a Republican mantra and is chanted by the Tea Party wing. Hate to point the finger at the obvious...

By approaching every issue from this no compromise perspective it really waters down the effectiveness of the few correct times when perhaps there should be no compromise.
It's not just the republicans. It's BOTH parties. Nancy Pelosi has gone on record as saying that spending cuts involving either Social Security or Medicare/Medicaid are "off the table".

The thing that disgusts me about all this is that it is probably nothing more than posturing for the 2012 elections. Each party is trying to create their own set of talking points, instead of actually DOING something to solve this.

Compromise? I don't see EITHER side doing a lot of that.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote