View Single Post
Old 02-22-2002, 07:51 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Coran and Safana are also present (Forest of Tethir), but will not join, which is COMPLETELY out of character for Coran.

Many people use Shadowkeeper to adjust the returning NPCs. For instance, Imoen starts BG2 with 17 INT, and those who gave her the Book of INT would be fully justified in hacking it back up to 18, where it was. Or you might re-arrange her Thieving skills to what they were before. Stuff like that. Jaheira, on the other hand, gets a HUGE boost from the transition to BG2--her DEX and CON both go up to 17! Damn, she's kickass now. Minsc and Edwin are unchanged, I think, and Viconia's WIS goes up to 18.

Me, I took a slightly different path. I just finished my Evil game of BG1, and my main character is now in BG2. The problem is, none of the NPC Thieves in BG2 are really Evil enough to fit in an Evil party. They're semi-Evil. They're quasi-Evil. They're the margarine of Evil. So.....I actually made a Multiplayer game, and used the second slot to re-create an exact copy of Montaron, voice and all. Monty's not in the game yet--when I do Xzar's quest I'll use the Wand of Resurrection and....pretend it worked.

(The only real drawback to doing a Multiplayer game in BG2 is that you can't kick the created NPCs out of the party, because you won't be able to get them back.)