View Single Post
Old 07-28-2003, 10:09 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
Try using PAUSE when you first see her, then choose your PC and have him/her advance until they are right next to the stake she is tied to.
Um....Cerek? If you were able to walk around while the game is Paused, I can imagine a lot more uses for that skill than freeing Drow.

Ironbar, what probably happened is that you interrupted the scene by walking away before Viconia got roasted. There's only a few seconds between when she asks you for help and the moment she dies, so when you return to the area, her timer has run out and she gets burned. Ways to try to get to her faster would include Hasting one or more of your party members, or if you feel like cheating, you can Teleport yourself right there. On the other hand, Viconia dying isn't going to ruin your game--she's not exactly a big loss, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
If you choose to do nothing, Viconia will be killed, If you choose to free her, the crowd (and especially the Guards) will turn hostile and attack.
Not quite true.....if you free her, the Fanatics will attack you, the people in the crowd just flee. And my Cavalier just freed her because he didn't like the Fantatics' bigotry....but then, he certainly wasn't going to kill Humans in order to protect a Drow, either. He just stood there while the Fanatics tried to pound on him (yeah, good luck, guys), and then wandered over to some Amnish Soldiers--who killed the Fanatics for him. Just another day in the life of a Paladin!

[ 07-28-2003, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]