View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #47
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Default Re: This beggars belief - sex change for 12 Y.O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelia Jusa View Post
I have to say, this seems quite unlikely to me. Who are these cousins? On the mother's side or the father's side (genetically, I mean)? Could it be that the cousins are from the father's side and, due to an acrimonious divorce and the father expressing a negative opinion about the mother to his family, that the cousins have an overly negative perspective of her and their interpretation of her actions towards her daughter are biased? Why would the mother be vengeful towards her daughter that she's brainwashing her to have a sex-change due to her divorce? I can't go along with this.

To me, it seems much more likely that the daughter has been expressing transgender-type statements and the mother, possibly in an overzealous attempt to be supportive and nonjudgemental, is going along with her daughter rather than trying to convince the daughter that she's misguided and that her feelings are wrong. Meanwhile, the father, not neccessarily being judgemental or bigoted but most likely concerned about his daugher's welfare, doesn't agree with his daughter's feelings and is trying to convince her otherwise. In the context of an acrimonious divorce, this is being interpreted on both sides as being manipulative and unsupportive.
How is this any more ridiculous? You're being quite selective in your refusal to accept as much information as possible.

1. I can see you've never divorced a vindictive woman... there are way more crazy stories about what woman have done to get back at a father.

2. People use children as pawns in a divorce. It's an awful fact.

3. The father's opinions co-align with the majority of people interested in the case, and is the more "balanced" view. His motivations are clear and empathisable: concern for daughters health, accepting her mental issues, wanting her to grow up naturally.

4. The mother's behaviour is extremely unusual (hence the newsworthiness of the actual article.. if it wasn't weird we wouldn't have heard about it) which is why we must look deeper for motivations. The motivation of a man-hating feminazi teaching her child self-loathing is a simple and believable situation.

5. As a child, the daughter is obviously still being influenced by parents. Clearly she is most influenced by the same-sex parent in this case. Tom-boys, penis-envy and girls wanting to be boys are as old and natural as the human race. But if she waited until she birthed a child in the womb she wants removed, she may realise how the situation reverses, and why men attempt to build monuments and "children" in whatever compensatory fashion they can.

6. The initial article was sensationalistic, and didn't clearly state that the surgery must wait until she's 18.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote