View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 07:58 PM   #24
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
You seem to know your stuff Krustin [img]smile.gif[/img]

I know the B18C is a Honda engine, but what car was it in? and hitting 750 with that engine seems impressive to me [img]smile.gif[/img] Kudos. Plus i didnt think the B18C came as a 2.0L.

It comes 1.8L stock, it has a non-stock crank and piston setup for increased displacement to 2.0L - i.e. "stroked". The pistons were forged (of course) but the stock titanium valves in the B16Z racing head were quite adequate. The cams, of course, were custom ground with a radical high-flow setup on the high-rpm side of the VTEC. (One nice side-effect of VTEC is the incredible driveability at low rpm despite the race-car like behaviour at speed)

The secret is in the cam setup, and B16Z head is generally held to have the best flowing ports of all the Honda heads. The APEX controller handles the fuel managment duties. Don't forget I'm getting 750 (est.) from 25psi of boost as well. (That basically means I'm generating "only" 275bhp on the motor, before boost )

edit: oh, and it was a 1998 Civic, any colour you like as long as it's black!

My current project car is equipped with a "frankenstein" K24 and a Jackson Racing supercharger.

I'm off to the Pub, so don't expect any more replies tonight.

[ 09-16-2006, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Sir Krustin ]