View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 10:36 AM   #80
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

DA, I'd recommend a long engagement if you both still want to try it. Giving yourselves a few years to get used to the idea of marriage, to seriously discuss it and all the consequences of joining yourselves for life AND to alllow your families time to adjust to you as a couple.

Age may be a factor, but then again, I'll just let you know that I met my hubby online, went out to see him in person 4 mos later, then about a year after we'd first met and after MANY discussions (by phone and voicechat as well as text) he moved out to where I live.

It was a year later that we got formally engaged (even though 'unofficially' we knew that's where we were headed) and a year after that we finally did get married.

All I can say is trust me on this one. The time you're engaged is important to your relationship and your family ties. [img]smile.gif[/img] What the other 'oldsters' have said above is all valid and good advise and I hope you can work things out.

Oh, and don't be worried about a day or two apart at this point.. if one or both of you do feel it's too fast (and you are the best judges of that and how it makes you feel!) then it's natural to need some breathing time to work it out for yourselves.

Wellard... ROTFL! Sure thing.. I'll just hop back up on the roof and do some cleaning..... or not! LOL May have to install one of those binocular viewer gizmos and charge for the view if landing on the roof is gonna be a common occurence. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] (Ok, for anyone who didn't catch it- THIS is what Wellard's yanking my chain about!

N^N - have a good time sailing! Watch out for those nasty storms we've been having all summer, though.

Madman, I hope you can find a method that works for you. LOL at the electric shock idea.. could be painful, though! Iron Greasel, you sadist, you!

We're getting a new table and chairs for the patio this weekend.. gonna need to do a barbecue, methinks!

Well, I need to do some work around the office, so I'll see you folks later!