View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 12:00 AM   #1
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I'm having a problem with windows xp for a while, but it doesn't happen that often, so I was ignoring it, but it's getting annoying.

Every once in a while when I turn my pc on, it will start booting 10 seconds or so and then shutdown. When I reboot it's fine and take me to the "windows wasn't closed correctly" screen. I'll chose boot Windows and everything is fine. What could be causing this?

Also, I have a device that are not correctly installed in device manager, but I'm not sure what to do about it, I'm translating it from french, and it sound like "pci entrance peripheral". What's this and how can I install it.

Update: Well it just did it again, and this time I was ready. It does it in the middle of the windows loading screen. The bar filled up twice, then it crashed. I rebooted, selected load windows, and when I got in windows windows told me it detected my old drive, called "ari42otn325imd!!!!!!!!!!!" or something like that. Usually when I get the crash windows doesn't pop up the new drive message, but I guess it really was the drive.

[ 04-11-2006, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]