View Single Post
Old 05-11-2003, 10:47 AM   #3
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Merlin from Amber:
1.I wanna play BGII SoA multiplayer on Internet with some of you forexample?
The only thing I found was the GameSpy 'thing' that I do not like.

There's a nifty little program called Kali that's easy to use and supports BG2, although I haven't used Kali for anything other than multiplayer Hellfire.

4.I can not create multiplayer game - there is no such an option?
One of the tips that the game provides is similar to: 'If you wanna play with all your party members created by you than just start a multiplayer game'

You can create a multiplayer party this way. Just follow these simple steps.

1 - Start BG2 going. Select a new multiplayer game rather than a singleplayer game.
2 - Set the connection to "serial", then connect.
3 - Make a player and game name (choose whatever you want, it really doesn't matter) and start a new game.
4 - You're brought to a screen that has six empty character slots. For each character you want to create or import, select a slot and start rolling. Beware! Once you've made a character, you can't go back and re-edit the character without starting from scratch.
5 - Click on the circle icons to "lock" the characters into the game, then start the game.
6 - Game starts up as normal. Game autosaves just after Imoen. Remember to eject her from the party if you made a six-player multiplayer party. Get everybody out of the cages. If you made a five- or six-player party, the other people will be just behind the door to the northeast, right behind Jaheira. Get your party together, and save the game manually. (Actually go to the menu, select a slot, and name it.
7 - Quit the game.
8 - Find the place where you saved that BG2 multiplayer save on your hard drive. It's most likely going to be c:\\Program Files\Black Isle\BG2\mpsave. There will be a list of folders. One will be the Auto-Save, and the other should be the saved game you made. We're going to do some cutting and pasting, so cut that folder.
9 - Paste the folder into your singleplayer save folder by going back into the BG2 directory and selecting the folder named "save."
10 - Start BG2 again, and select your multiplayer-turned-singleplayer saved game from the menu.

WARNING! If you don't want your Quicksave and Auto-Save overwritten from another game, go into your BG2 save folder and rename the Quicksave and Auto-Save to something else.

If you're still having problems, feel free to PM me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

5.Is it DM or cooperative? Whats the catch?

Let's say you invited a couple friends to a BG2 game. Joe, Bob, and Merlin play BG2. Merlin starts a multiplayer game as shown above, but uses a different connection. (Let's say that they go TCP/IP and hook up over IP addresses.) Merlin creates the game, but Joe and Bob join Merlin's game via the IP address. Merlin, as the game creator, has certain rights that he can choose whether or not to extend to Joe and Bob. These player permissions, located on the Player Permission screen, can let players spend party gold, initiate dialogue with NPCs, or even boot people from the game.

Joe, Bob, and Merlin can each take two characters to play, or one character, or Merlin can be greedy and make four while Joe and Bob get only one. It's Merlin assigning the rights here.

Once the game is made, all singleplayer rules still apply. I think the game creator is the Bhaalspawn in charge. I think you can still pick up NPCs, but I'm not sure.