Thread: ecstacy
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 05:10 AM   #49
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Knowledge and Self-understanding are more potent than any drug. Knowing the chance of obtaining real, pure, pharmacutical-grade X on the street is micro-slim, it would be foolish to take some cheaply concocted imitation just handed to me at a party. If I want to do X, then I want to do X. I do not want to take Acid, Coke, Meth, Sherm, or Dust and "pretend" it is X.

In reality, I dont want to do any of them, so I dont anymore. Taking alot of mind/mood alterants like X or Acid is a sure way to waste some life and have a few hazy, but enjoyable memories...in my expirience.

I disagree fundamentally with most drug laws, but I have no problem with X and others being considered controlled substances. Regulation differs from prohibition. So long as people can educate themselves to the risks of usage, I will not condemn, nor condone the use.
I agree entirely.
I am against stopping other people from making an educated decision (unless it can be proven to have an adverse and non-consentual effect on other people). The keyword, ofcourse, being 'educated', which is why I am against outright bans in all contexts. I wouldn't take the stuff myself, but I won't stop someone else from doing it if I trust they know what they're doing.

Male 18.