View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 09:47 AM   #2
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Geez. I hate to hear this. I know how proud you were to get that AR.

But may I make a couple suggestions for you to keep in mind?

First...see if there is ANY possible way to apply for an exemption on those fringe benefits taxes since you can prove it's not that you are parking it as a "luxury" weekend vehicle but that it is INOPERABLE. (the jerks)

Secondly, if it does, indeed, go to court make sure the attorney ADDS IN the "court costs & attorney fees" in the settlement/judgment (assuming you win I'm ever an optimist). This way, you may have to pay that attorney something up front at *first*, but make sure you recoup the expense in the end. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I do hope all goes well, hon. You don't deserve to be treated so poorly for a defective product. I mean, it shouldn't truly hurt AR's image any if they simply admit they had a car make it off the line with a defect. That kind of thing *does* happen.

OH! Something else to consider (but ask your attorney about) is bringing the issue to the attention of the media. That's usually a VERY effective method in the States in getting a company to come across and do the right thing whether they want to or not. Bad publicity = $0.00 for their business.