Thread: smoking
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2004, 07:26 PM   #38
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by burnzey boi:
Smoking can be one of the worst things to do, and most of you know that. i reckon they should ban it where people usualy are, like resteraunts and pubs.
it could help a bit with the global warming and make the air healthier. plus you are more likely to perish smoking than any other way. its like commiting suicide!
I agree, but the good news is that all resteraunts and cafes have had this ban for years at least in NSW burnzey boi. The new law is going to ban it completely in all pubs and clubs so as to get rid of the nonsense smoking area.

Where I work people are, and have been, fined for smoking outside of a designated smoking place. ($100) The bosses at work can be fined and eventually jailed if they do not enforce it! Everyone has a right to a safe workplace.

Also the local councils have banned smoking on some of the most famous beaches in Australia [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] So the majority of us who enjoy the fresh outside air can do so without drug addict / smokers ruining our health.

So for those people who like king Canute are trying to stop the tide of fresh air being returned to buildings you may as well concentrate on trying to defend smoking outside .... that ban is well on its way thanks to a simple democratic equation .... The majority do not smoke [img]tongue.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years