View Single Post
Old 11-22-2004, 10:00 AM   #1
Nerull
Lord Ao

I went to eat last night, and have been sick all morning (called in at work). It is a restaurant that I go to all of the time, and have not had problems before. However, I have noticed that sometimes I get acid reflux, but I get this in some other places, too. I had never been able to put a pattern to it before.

However, I just spoke to my mother, who asked me what I ate (spaghetti with marinara). She asked if the sauce had a lot of basil in it. I told her that I did notice it was a little heavier on basil that usual, and she stated that I probably had her allergy to basil (she described all of the symptoms she gets when she eats too much basil, and they match what I am going through right now). However, I have eaten Italian food for years, and have never had a problem with basil before. However, my acid reflux has gotten worse over the past year, and I started taking an inventory of those places I ate at where it flared up later, and I can truthfully say that the food was either Italian and/or Pizza, or had a lot of basil as an ingredient (I could actually taste it in the food). I do not eat much spaghetti at home, and rarely if ever have an acid reflux problem eating at home.

Is it possible to pick up an allergy that you did not have for all of your previous life? Just wondering, because if it is true, then it explains a lot of things.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin