View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 05:45 AM   #24
Diamond Q
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

I am Chinese and we have a long and different culture!
And would that be Han, Cantonese, Manchu or something else? "Chinese" is as vague a term as "European".

Quote:
We like to have parades and love our country (tibet, hong kong and taiwan included).
Tibet is not the Han's country. Tibet is Tibetan. Forced into Union with first the "Middle Kingdom", and then the Communist China. The Han have emigrated into Tibet, repressed Tibetans, driven away their leader the Dalai Lama, kidnapped his #2 the Panchen Lama and are changing the face of Tibet through this immigration policy.

Quote:
So don't go telling us what is right or wrong.

Look at Northern Ireland. Look at the Falklands!
Look at Okinawa and Hawaii
Yes, these are wrong. This doesn't make Chinese policy "right". Citing evils of the west does not make Chinese policy not evil. It simply shows evil can be committed by every human of every race and every political ideology.

Quote:
So don't even say that any country is different.
Iceland is different.

Quote:
BTW, I really enjoy the 1970s videos they have of Tibet... its facinating but CRAP! Though it seems to work in stirring up hatred.
Justifiable anger.
Tibet. Inner Mongolia. Manchuria. None of these are Han, yet are ruled by the Han. You see one huge nation, yet it is like Europe being one nation ruled by Germans. Tibetans do not want Han leadership. Taiwanese do not want Communist party leadership.

Why is that so hard to see?

Quote:
China has changed a lot and is still changing. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yes it is, and it is wonderful to see.