View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 09:25 PM   #18
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Oh heaven's sake, this is not an arguement about Taiwan [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The Pro-Democracy won their vote by 50.4% against 49.6% so that is hardly conclusive!!!!!

If you ask most Taiwanese people, they want to be happy and free,

They wouldn't mind being part of China if China was a democracy.

Remember Taiwan formed only 50 odd years ago when retreating Republic Chinese forces went there. So they are chinese people of this generation [img]smile.gif[/img]

One day we will be under the same flag, but for now its different [img]smile.gif[/img]
Unfortunately, China is NOT a democracy! And my guess is that neither you nor I will live to see it become one.

It's barely a majority that voted for Pro-democracy for sure, but it is STILL a majority! Who can say WHAT the difference might be in 10 or 20 years? I think it's extremely wishful thinking on your part, Avatar, to hope for Taiwan and China to be under the same flag.

As for this not being an argument about Taiwan, well sorry but I guess we hijacked your thread. lol That's the problem with threads in General discussion. You can lose control of them sometimes.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783