Thread: LookSprint.com
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2004, 06:38 PM   #19
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
Thanks so much you guys. It's really important to me what you all think, being both IW-friends and objective internet users. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ross, the idea certainly is that within a year or two I'll compete with some of the bigger engines. Companies pay me for keywords and search terms, and to get a high ranking under them, so say if someone wants to be first under "credit," "loans," and "mortgages," $25 or so will get them there. Until someone else comes along and offers $30, meaning the initial company will now be second. What follows is kind of a bidding war, since search engine traffic is the highest quality a company could ask for. So that's how the system works, and with every search term out there. Thanks again for the support, everyone. [img]smile.gif[/img]
One more question: how do the companies decide whether they want to be at the top of your list? Do you email them? Do they research your site? Can they have access to an online counter of your site? Or is there some other way that I'm not thinking of?

Well anyways, good luck to you, and all the best for the future years! I respect you for this, it's something I would love to do. The risk would be worth it IMO.

You never know, maybe one day I will be able to say that I talked to Alex, the millionare. [img]smile.gif[/img]