View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004, 06:58 PM   #18
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well it seems that I am the only one with anything positive to say about Wal-mart. I will tell you that as a lower-income family, Wal-mart is great. It does have its downfalls as a giant corporation, granted, but from a poor consumer with a fairly large family, I choose Wal-mart and apreciate it. We have 1 super store and 1 regular store and will soon have 3 supers in all. My experience with the workers has been friendly and prompt.
My opinion regarding the clientele being "redneck" etc, is that maybe the people who shop there are real people and not the typical mall types.
Wal-mart being the biggest retailer in the world is not only because of their corporate exercises, but because they cater to the majority of the population.
A good example is the Wal-mart we shop at. It is a Super Wal-mart and was built on real estate right next to one of the riches areas in Tri-Cities. Most people living there protested Wal-mart building there, but lost. Now all the high class cars and whatnot are parked in the parking lot, and the people are shopping there! Go-figure.
I will continue to shop there.
All this IMHO of course.