View Single Post
Old 08-21-2004, 08:59 PM   #15
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

LOL Animal. 168 eh? Wow LOL. Sheesh I wonder if I can actually do that? We'll see!

Thanks Attalus, wish you could get a vacation too, anytime in the future do you think you'll get one finally?

Sagerider, wow thanks, a unique idea re the mystery book, something I definitely would not have ever thought of myself. As for the metal detetector, I don't have one, and don't even know where you'd get one, or how much it would be, so. I am going to collect some more colorful small shells though, I have a glass vase I need to finish filling up. I even made a small quarter sized dark purple shell into a necklace pendant last time I went two years ago, it had this perfect little hole right at the rim of it (is mostly circular in shape). [img]smile.gif[/img]

TDC, actually I think BG2 might already be loaded on it. But ugg. I've played it SP years ago, and have been in a very slow, sporadic, multi-play of it, with TOB, for 3 frikken years now LOL. So I'm just thinking something smaller. I mean, with the Playstation there, I will have another game outlet so to speak, although again I need to get something easy on the controller buttons LOL. Plus there is satellite TV in all the bedrooms and a few other rooms, so I guess if I get bored I can just go watch TV in the bedroom, hopefully the Satellite connection is a good one, I've never had satellite anything before, so wonder.

Thanks Lady Sedai, yeah if I put some game on the laptop to play, I'd rather it be something that is not too "involved" if that makes sense, something you can just play for a bit, and shut off whenever, without the "oh crap wait! I can't go to the beach yet because I'm in a non-save part in the game, have to finish the battle, it is IMPERATIVE!!" (heh, I say that cause I've been there LOL). I'll check out your link and see what looks interesting.

You know, it's amazing how much that laptop cost 5 years ago, and now it is so useless in many ways. Oh, and another thing re playing games on laptops, is you have to sit in a sun-free room, and have the screen tilted at just the right angle, or you don't see shite. Again, with the laptop, I'd just like to do as I did last time, in the early evenings just take it to the bedroom, sit on the bed and prop it with one of my hardback books, plug into the net, and just post for a half hour or so how things are going. LOL, it's like IWs is full of all my "invisible friends" (like some had when we were weirdo children, oh.. I've said too much, *cough*). Kinda like sending out postcards when you are on vacation, but mine are online. I'll be frustrated if I am not able to do it. I dunno, the more and more I think about it the more I dunno re trying to load any game on that old ass laptop. It does have a DVD player in it, I remember we watched Fight Club on it last time (weird ass movie btw LOL) during one of many pouring rainy vacation days there. Had to position it just right though to see the screen sitting 5 feet away from it.

Oh, and I don't understand what you mean re the ISP thing Lady Sedai. I'm smart in certain areas, and completely ignorant in others. I have cable myself here at home, so I cannot see being able to use it at the beach. My work uses dialup, but the beach is in N.C. and my work is in VA? I dunno, I just thought one of those trial things may be the best idea instead. And again, I may not even have to do anything, somebody else may have a laptop set up that I can use, I just would kinda like to have my own and not have to "beg" for online time LOL, it's kinda humiliating LOL.

Johnny, sleeping pills LOL? That's not fun! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] What exactly is footie (excuse my ignorance)? I'm sure the beach will NOT be crowded, it is in the boonies, forgotten lands, middle of nowhere, with beach.. Beachclubs? buuhhuuwaahahaha! no... No nothing. Although I did see a Bingo sign at the firehouse, which is nearby. Oh fun!! I doubt it will be open, they wouldn't want me there, all drunk, bored... Bingo would never be the same again.

Lavindathar - LOL! Oh you'd be great to have along, plenty of extra rooms too! I'm not much into football, but there is a dartboard there, but I'm all up in arms over here, cannot find my darts. I swear for years I have stumbled over my dart case. Now, when I actually can use them somewhere again, where are they? Nowhere to be found! Tomorrow I'm attacking this one big closet with very deep shelves, it's gotta be in there, although I've already picked about in there for ages and nothing, but I feel I need to do more LOL. I spent $40 on those darts dammit!

Vacation is supposed to be a relaxing time, but it sure isn't for me right now, maybe later when we get there, God willing, I worry about the truck, will it make it that far? Will it break down? OK I need to just stop now before I make a 50 Ways My Vacation Could Suck list. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 08-21-2004, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps