View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 10:33 AM   #13
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

unless he builds one bahamut [img]smile.gif[/img]

in an international point of view, you can say that our goods back home is cheap. when leonis went to the PHilippines, he found eveything cheap. But of course the that depends on your currency is in question as well. It may be cheap for you guys, but it is still expensive for us no matter how cheap you people find it. If you guys find our goods cheap, then try and imagine what we think of your goods?

Like memnoch said, the equality of rich and poor varies dramatically in 3rd world countries as well.

Since I have started studying here in Sydney Australia, I have met so many different nationalities of students that it astounds me. A student who works minimum wage part time (or what is possible given school or no school day) can save enough in one month to go to trips in different countries. What I saved here is 2 times of what I can get back home working FULL time (minimum wage comparison of course). Filipino Students back home would just work as hard as I have and be happy going on small trips out to the country side.

If you look at it in the consumption of necessities (meaning prices of goods), then savings is the big factor here as well.

While I am not blaming any country of our 3rd world status, Im just saying this for you 1rst world people out there, you should be lucky and thankful of what you guys have.

edit: spelling and one last thing,

I actually remember leonis saying he was near heart-broken when a Filipina Lady approached his group and offered her newly born child to them so that He/She may have a better chance here in Australia. Just imagine how bad it really is that it makes a woman willing to give her own child so he/she could have a better future.

one last edit: if you people want to know how lucky you guys really are? then visit a 3rd world country and live with them to show you how lucky you people really are.

[ 08-17-2004, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..