View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 12:53 AM   #4
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

It takes a lot of computer to run Win Xp, and even more to run 3D games on one. Check the web site for your monitor, and see if they still carry at least the driver for it.

Win98 is a very simple OS, doesn't want much, doesn't need much, and doesn't do much. Handles older game well, and newer games somewhat shakey.

Programers write for the most up to date hardware on the market. Then the 2nd string comes in and down programs to fit the need of "most" people. I run WinXp, with a middle of the road custom build, and play some of what you mentioned. My monitor is ancient, but it still performs, was one of the first 19" to hit the market, now the company only has the WinXp driver for it's rememberance.

If your vid card is capable, and drivers are updated, I would check the monitor's website for a WinXp driver.

A dull light has emerged in the back of my mind. I'm away from home on my issue laptop, Win2K. But, somewhere I'm thinking you need to find the WinXp games = desktop, and either check or uncheck the run 3D games as the same as desktop display.

Bungelau can you provide some more help?

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.