View Single Post
Old 07-25-2004, 02:59 AM   #101
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Just finished a day up at Craigieburn skifield and I'm tired (it's the steepest field in the southern hemisphere), sore (no chairlifts here kids... nutcrackers from the carpark to the peak) and feeling fantastic! (I love boarding with a passion!)

Had nice snow (4-6ft) with freshies! Could do with another dump or two (got one coming tuesday apparently) but all in all was a great day [img]smile.gif[/img]
Spent the morning carving runs until my mate Brad took a chute (starts as a double diamond and runs into Middle Basin) that ran us all the way back to the carpark... was so stuffed by the time we got to the cafe that the $4 hamburgers were looking like heaven in a bun. Met a couple of nice Australian tourists and spent lunchtime chatting to them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

One nutcracker run after lunch I'd had enough of riding the stupid thing so pulled up to these 4 guys that were building a kicker on the Hamilton Face and asked if they'd mind an extra hand; half an hour later we were hitting a nice smooth jump and having some fun... screwed my first hit and landed hard with a bruised elbow and knee but soft snow saved me from anything major; managed to land a few after that though [img]smile.gif[/img]

Last run of the day I took the easiest run to the bottom... I was shattered [img]graemlins/yawn.gif[/img] there was less snow near the bottom and was too soft so my board ended up with a few scrapes but nothing Humpy (my mate at the board shop) can't sort out

Gonna go lay in the bath now, enjoy the rest of your weekends people [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] see you