View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 10:59 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

*Snicker, chortle, guffaw* [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] NOW that was a fun post... err. well, I suppose the memories are anything but fun for you, but it was good reading! LOL

I've always had reasonably good dealings with rental cars, with the exception of a local company that ripped me off by verbally offering one price and charging the credit card a much higher one after my car was hit and I needed to rent one to get to work. Otherwise the biggest problem we ever had was the ash tray wasn't empty in one.

My husband and I rented a ford taurus for our honeymoon and didn't have any trouble at all, either picking it up, running it or taking it back! [img]smile.gif[/img] Sorry quietman, I'm sure you don't want to hear that!

As for heat in VA (Busch Gardens in particular), I KNOW exactly what you mean. A friend and I drove (her car, no AC) from NYS down to VA to do Williamsburg and the Busch Gardens in August one year....can we say 'melted'?! We did NOT smell too good by the time we got to the hotel and boy, I couldn't wait for a shower! Good thing they had a laundry in the hotel, because we'd considered burning the clothes we wore down! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ 07-13-2004, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]