View Single Post
Old 06-28-2004, 01:46 PM   #7
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I noticed one glaring mistake in the article - it claimed that the relationship led to President Clinton's Impeachment in 1998. Clinton was NOT impeached. It did lead to Impeachment Hearings, but the hearings concluded there were not sufficient grounds to impeach the President of the United States.

Monica says that it "ruined" her life. Er....I beg to differ. Nobody would even know who she was if this hadn't happened. The job with Jenny Craig may still have come through - but there is no way she would have become the hostess of a TV show without the exposure she received over the affair.

I do sympathize with her when she says she was a young girl and that Clinton basically lied about their relationship and used her as a pawn to sacrifice in order to save himself. However, that is pretty much the same story ANY girl who has an affair with a married man could tell. So I'm afraid Monica's story isn't as singular or tragic as she would like us to believe.

Animal - I love the term "hummer". LOLOLOL That is priceless. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]