Thread: Euro 2004
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2004, 12:44 PM   #131
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Paraphrasing Del Piero about the Sweden-Denmark game:

We've noticed that the danes have recently had a lot of opinions about our sportmanship. Now it's up to them to show they've got sportmanship as well. A result of 2-2 would be absolutely disgusting.

What a bloody idiot. He's basically saying there are two possible outcomes:

1) Italy goes through
2) Italy does not go through because the poor widdle nation was the victim of a conspiracy between the cheating and dishonest scandinavians

I think it's pretty sickening how much some italians are going on about being set up. It's like they're trying to convince the UEFA that if the result in our game vs Denmark is anything but favourable to Italy, it should be invalidated. Would they just face the fact that they've got no one but themselves to blame for the position they're in? If the result between Sweden and Denmark turns out to be 2-2 or 3-3 or something else that means Italy are going home, it wont be because of some conspiracy, it'll be because that's just the way things turned out.

I can't believe they're still trying to find others than themselves to blame for not making the quarters (assuming they don't). Del Piero is the worst loser I've ever seen.

[ 06-20-2004, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]