Thread: Lakers-Pistons
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 11:45 PM   #18
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Yeah... because of Jordan... tsktsk Jordan just ruined the careers of a lot of legendary players... tsktsktsk
And Jordan was sick the day before his big game too

Okay, if anything, basketball is my life. The only other things I actually care about are my family and my girl. I don't even consider my work to be anywhere near as important.

So here's my opinion on this series. I don't like Detroit. I hate the Lakers. Kobe is a cocky guy who doesn't even deserve to be compared to Michael Jordan. Shaq sucks and has absolutely no skill at all. I read an artical after game 3 where he said, "I don't remember only going to the line for 2 shots in a game in the last 10 years." Or something along the lines of that. Guess what...he only took 1 shot in a game in the playoffs last year, although it might have been 2 years ago. When he comes up against a good defense, he can't even use his size all the time to take over (and his size is the only thing he's got).
Payton and Malone...man, I wish they didn't go to the Lakers. I also wanted them both to get there rings, but not with the Lakers. Payton has like, what, 7 points in this whole series? He should retire, but his contract is still going on. Malone doesn't even deserve a ring anymore for joining the Lakers just to get a ring.

The Lakers definately are extremely lucky...and Robert Horey is injured too, so he's not even there to make that lucky 3 shot like before. He's actually not even on there playoff roster because of his injury. Technically, the Lakers shouldn't have even won 2 years ago. Samaki Walker's halftime 3-pointer was after the buzzer, and that was one of the games where they lost by 1 or 2 points. I know the game would have been played differently if the shot didn't count, but it still helped them beat Sacremento.

So...I HATE THE LAKERS.

KICK THE LAKERS' BUTT, DETROIT!

"No, I only lied about being a thief."