View Single Post
Old 06-06-2004, 11:37 PM   #16
Nerull
Lord Ao

I was asked a dumb questions by a Japanese tourist at the airport here in San Antonio (I was working there at the time). He asked if we all still rode horses and had gunfights in the middle of the street. I couldn't believe he had asked me that; I knew I insulted him by laughing in his face, but I couldn't help it. I know the Old West holds a fascination for the Japanese (and Old West and Samurai stories can be translated back and forth between the genres easily enough), but I would hope they really don't think that we have tumbleweeds blowing down the middle of our street (i.e. I am hoping that he was pulling my leg). However, he did keep a straight face the whole time, so it did leave me wondering. I just told him that all of that was in the movies, and had not existed for decades. He just thanked me and moved to another seat away from me (probably because I laughed at him).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin