View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 08:40 AM   #14
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hmm I started doing a bit of weights around age 9. But they were very small weights. It's ok as long as the weight is very small compared to your strength - that means you should be able to do at least 100 reps of any particular excercise. I wouldn't start doing heavy weights until you have stopped growing. Well actually I would never start doing heavy weights. I still don't do any excercises that I can't do at least 30 reps with. (Well except chin-ups).

If you do heavy weights you'll get buff but it's nicer to have definition instead of huge bulking muscles (according to all the girls I've asked). By doing low weight high rep, you still build power just not as quickly but on the upside you get a lot more toned.

Heh it's a familiar story: people got weights but can't be bothered to train. Well I don't even TRY to train at home (except for the odd set of chin-ups, press-ups or ab crunches). It's much better down the gym : you can go with mates and check out all the scantily-clad women which can motivate you to train harder if they are also checking you out

[ 05-02-2004, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray